The purpose of this page is to identify all the music available for the game's sound track, as well as what we think the most effective use of it is. If a piece of music has an assigned role in the game, mention that here.
Music can be identified by:
- Location: Town, wilderness, etc.
- Risk: Is there a sense of danger, or challenge, or safety?
- Mood: Spooky, industrious, weird, sad, etc.
Domestic: Could suit a shop, cafe, town, etc.
Yubatake, CC BY 3.0
- battle_loop: Music for a battle
- dungeon_loop: Music for a dungeon, or another place where battle is likely
- fields_loop: Music for a bittersweet/old-fashioned/melancholic location, like a graveyard, flashback, return to previously visited place
- gameOver: Sound effect for a sad, brief, final event
- goodMorning: Sound effect for something starting, e.g. the game, or waking up
- goodNight: Sound effect for something where the mood or intensity is going down
- labyrinth_loop: Music for mysterious, spooky and dangerous places
- mainTheme: Perhaps not upbeat enough for main Tuxemon theme
- princess: Music for something a little out of the way, like a rest, or maze, or shrine or grove. Not dangerous, but unusual/secluded
- royalCourt_loop: Music for a scene with action but not conflict
- temple: Music for a place that is a bit off, but not creepy
- town_loop: Music for a domestic place or a scene with industrious people
- winBattle: Sound effect for a victory
- winBattleBig: Sound effect for a victory
JRPG Collection 2
Yubatake, CC BY 3.0
- levelUp: Sound effect for a tuxemon leveling up, or an item being used
- machineRoom_loop: Music for a puzzle room or factory
- mysticIsle: Music for a location that is spooky, but not dangerous
- shop_loop: Music for a domestic location
- winBattleBoss: Sound effect for an important victory
- winBattleFinal: Music for an important victory (longer than the other "wins")
- battleBoss: Feels like it's trying too hard for a boss battle. Maybe could be the music for a dangerous, spooky place with machinery
- battleFinal: Music for an important battle; it changes dramatically in mood - maybe too much
- characterRevived: Sound effect for healing
- discovery: Sound effect for something being uncovered or found
- docks_loop: Music for a domestic location, or for a place with battles - like a Pillar or a route with enemy trainers
- inn_loop: Music for a domestic location
- joinParty: Sound effect for a successful capture of a tuxemon